What to Expect When your Vehicle Lease Reaches Maturity
As you’re cruising through the streets of the Inland Empire and Southern California in your Mercedes-Benz, it’s both a sorrow and joyous time because you know it’s almost time to wave goodbye to your C 300 and say hello to that new Mercedes-AMG®! To top things off, you’re probably unsure of what your next step is.
Luckily, you have us. The Mercedes-Benz of Ontario team is here to assist you along your journey to get you prepared for what’s to come and ensure a seamless lease-end.
Our unique and complimentary 3-point inspection performed by an authorized third party is a complete review of your vehicle to document both normal and excess wear and use conditions on your vehicle, typically lasting between 30 – 45 minutes. Here’s how it works:
The Credit Card Test
The Credit Card Test is an easy way to determine what will be considered excess wear when inspecting your vehicle’s exterior and interior.
- Any scratch through the paint larger than the size of a credit card.
- Any dent that is larger than the size of a credit card.
- Any damaged safety items, regardless of size (e.g., torn seat belts).
- Collective damage that is caused by a single event, regardless of size.
- Any holes, cracks, gouges, tears, or cuts in the sheet metal or bumper, regardless of size.
- Any tears to the interior larger than the size of a credit card.
Windshield, Lights, Wheels and Tires
The following items are considered excess damage when inspecting your vehicle’s windshield, lights, wheels and tires:
- Cracked or bent wheels.
- Wheels not originally equipped with the vehicle at the time of delivery.
- Tires that are the incorrect size, have sidewall damage, or exposed cords.
- Glass and lights that have cracks, stars, holes, or plugs.
Prior to turn-in, be sure to remove all personal items from the vehicle, complete all scheduled maintenance, and ensure all originally equipped items (if applicable) are returned with your vehicle, including:
- Maintenance book
- Owner’s manual
- Second set of keys
- Removable CD disc changers
- DVD system
- Navigation system discs
- Tool kit
- Spare tire
End of Lease Perks
What better way to wave goodbye to your old vehicle than with $750 to help you in completing your current lease smoothly?
- $250 towards any “Excess Mileage” charges on your current vehicle
- $500 towards any “Wear & Use” charges that may apply to your current vehicle
As for the exciting part? It’s time to get into your new Mercedes-Benz! In addition to getting $750 toward your excess wear, receive another $750 to use toward your “Drive off” fees when you lease a new Mercedes-Benz through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services!
Browse through our latest selection of Mercedes-Benz models like the 2017 E-Class Sedan!
Which vehicle will you take home this time?
*Does not apply towards AMG®, GLE, GL and G-Class vehicles. Current lease must be through Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.