What is Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE®?
The PRESAFE® system is a Mercedes-Benz technology that activates if an accident is about to occur on the roads of Rancho Cucamonga. Found on many new Mercedes-Benz models, this system takes precautionary steps to ensure your safety. Learn more about this Mercedes-Benz safety feature, and explore it in person at Mercedes-Benz of Ontario.
What Does Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® Do?
If a potential accident is detected while you’re navigating Fontana, the PRESAFE® system activates to protect you and your passengers from harm. Once activated, PRESAFE® takes the following measures:
- For maximum crash protection, the front head restraints adjust to the best position to prevent passenger injuries.
- The tension increases in the front safety belts to protect occupants from injury.
- The windows and sunroof will automatically close in order to prevent debris from entering the cabin and causing further injury.
Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® Extensions
In addition to PRESAFE® protections, the system also works alongside with other Mercedes-Benz technologies to boost your safety. You can find Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® working in tandem with systems like:
- PRESAFE® Sound: The PRESAFE® Sound system also activates when an impending accident is detected. This feature emits a “pink noise” from the audio system that will cause a natural reflex in the human ear which helps protect your hearing from the loud sounds that can come during a collision.
- DISTRONIC® PLUS: Working with the PRESAFE® Brake feature, this intelligent adaptive cruise control system uses PRESAFE® to slow or stop your vehicle should a straight-ahead vehicle brake suddenly.
The Mercedes-Benz sensors used for other safety and driver-assist features, like Active Lane Keeping Assist and Active Blind Spot Assist, are also used for PRESAFE®.
PRESAFE® in the Mercedes-Benz Lineup
The Mercedes-Benz PRESAFE® system can be had across most of the new Mercedes-Benz lineup near Chino and Corona. Find PRESAFE® as standard or available on the following Mercedes-Benz models:
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz CLA
- Mercedes-Benz CLS
- Mercedes-Benz GLA
- Mercedes-Benz GLC
- Mercedes-Benz GLE
- Mercedes-Benz GLS
- Mercedes-Benz SLC
- Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
What Does “PRESAFE® Functions Limited” Mean?
If you’re driving in Upland and your vehicle displays the “PRESAFE® Functions Limited” alert, your vehicle may be in need of Mercedes-Benz service. This message can be seen on the vehicle’s information panel, which is located behind the steering wheel. This alert isn’t a cause for panic; most often, this simply involves cleaning the PRESAFE® sensors. Still, you’ll need to have a certified technician take a look. Schedule service with Mercedes-Benz of Ontario for a diagnosis.