What is the Mercedes-Benz COMAND® System?
The Mercedes-Benz COMAND® system, which stands for “Cockpit Management and Data System,” acts as a central hub for communications and telematics offerings on your Mercedes-Benz. Intuitive and easy to use, COMAND® makes getting to your destination more enjoyable. What’s more, on Mercedes-Benz models like the GLA, E-Class, and C-Class, Mercedes-Benz navigation updates come as a standard or optional feature for three years. Learn how to use the many beneficial features of the COMAND® system with the team at Mercedes-Benz of Ontario!
COMAND® System Features: Navigation & More
- COMAND® Display: Rancho Cucamonga drivers will find a glass-fronted freestanding central display in models like the C-Class, while other models like the E-Class and S-Class have large screens embedded into the dash.
- COMAND® Controller: There are two ways to control your COMAND® system: a central controller with knob and hard keys or a touchpad controller. While both make navigating features easy, the touchpad operates like a tablet with pinch, swipe, and handwriting functions.
- COMAND® Navigation: Standard on many higher-tier models, COMAND® navigation displays 3D maps, can save points of interest around San Bernardino County, and can also receive destinations sent from the mbrace® Mobile App.
COMAND® Functions: Smartphone Integration & WiFi
- Smartphone Integration: Connect your smartphone via Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™, and you can access features with the COMAND® system.
- Place Hands-Free Calls: Safely pull up contacts and place calls while keeping your attention on the Chino roads when you use Bluetooth®* in conjunction with the COMAND® system.
- Connect to WiFi: Optional on many new Mercedes-Benz models, built-in WiFi coupled with COMAND® allows you to browse the internet using the display and central controller.
How to Use the Mercedes-Benz Navigation System
Watch our “how-to” video below to learn more about your navigation system’s different features and functions.
Mercedes-Benz has always been at the forefront of technological innovation — and digital navigation is no exception. Are you ready to enhance your vehicle experience? There are different ways to input your address or point of interest into your Mercedes-Benz COMAND® system no matter your model year, as long as it is equipped with the navigation feature.
The detailed color and spoken instructions featured on the Mercedes-Benz COMAND® system make traveling to your destination a breeze. When your vehicle is in motion, please remember that you can only use the voice controls system, located on the steering wheel. Otherwise, you can use the COMAND® controller or keypad to enter letters and numbers, as well as scroll through a list of potential matches from the navigation menu. Once your destination is set, you have the ability to view route options using intelligent traffic information to shorten commute times.
Mercedes-Benz is offering their most intuitive COMAND® system ever to enhance your in-vehicle experience and make finding your destination as easy and pleasurable as possible. Addresses and points of interest can be entered using the Mercedes me app, voice commands, or the innovative touchpad with signature recognition. You will no longer need to have to program points of interest into your vehicle; it can be read straight from your smartphone.
Mercedes-Benz of Ontario is available to assist you with any questions about the technology in your Mercedes-Benz. Did you recently purchase your vehicle? We’d be happy to make a re-delivery reservation to go over the features. Come experience the Fletcher Jones difference today!
Learn More About Mercedes-Benz COMAND® Features at Mercedes-Benz of Ontario
Still have questions about the COMAND® system? You can review the Mercedes-Benz navigation system manual or simply contact us to learn more about how Mercedes-Benz COMAND® navigation and other COMAND® features work. Our team is always happy to assist you!
*Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth® SIG, Inc.