How It Works: The Mercedes-Benz ECO Start/Stop System
Give the Earth a brake! Did you know the Mercedes-Benz ECO Start/Stop System is a feature designed to help save fuel and reduce emissions? (Don’t worry; the system turns the car back ON the moment you need it.) Discover how it works below.
How It Works
In more detail, the Mercedes-Benz ECO Start/Stop System works as follows:
1. You must bring your Mercedes-Benz vehicle to a full and complete stop by pressing on the brake pedal.
2. At that point, when your car is idling, the Mercedes-Benz ECO Start/Stop System will automatically shut off your car’s engine.
3. With the engine off, your car is not using fuel or putting out emissions into our environment.
4. When you release the brake, the engine will restart automatically. You do not even have to think about it.
5. Then, to continue enjoying the Mercedes-Benz experience, place your foot on the gas pedal and go.
The Mercedes-Benz ECO Start/Stop System will not turn the engine off when:
- You are on a hill.
- The engine temperature is not optimal.
- The battery charge is low.
- Climate control is needed to maintain a comfortable setting.
This Mercedes-Benz feature comes standard in newer Mercedes-Benz models. Find yours today.