What is the Benefit of Mercedes-Benz AIRMATIC® Suspension?
Responsiveness is the main benefit of Mercedes-Benz AIRMATIC® suspension. You may be asking, “Aren’t all suspension systems meant to be responsive?” Yes—but AIRMATIC® differs from steel-spring suspensions with its adjustable air springs. For smoother handling, it also works in tandem with Adaptive Damping System (ADS) and responds to DYNAMIC SELECT® drive modes. Read on to learn more about AIRMATIC® in new Mercedes-Benz vehicles!
How Does AIRMATIC® Suspension Work?
Here’s a quick breakdown of how this one-of-a-kind suspension system operates:
- As each air spring moves vertically, AIRMATIC® adjusts the amount of air for greater comfort and less body roll.
- ADS keeps tabs on the road and your driving habits and, within 50 milliseconds, can firm the shock absorbers for controlled handling.
- Select Sport or Comfort to adjust the feel of the suspension to your liking.
Unique Features of AIRMATIC®
- AIRMATIC® is a self-leveling suspension system; adding passengers or cargo doesn’t reduce the comfort of your ride.
- On rough roads around Eastvale or Fontana, AIRMATIC® can raise the vehicle with the push of button for greater ground clearance.
- At higher speeds, you can push the same button to lower AIRMATIC® for improved aerodynamics and control.
Which Mercedes-Benz Vehicles Offer AIRMATIC®?
Mercedes-Benz AIRMATIC® suspension can be found as standard equipment on the following models:
Learn More About Mercedes-Benz AIRMATIC® Suspension Benefits!
Get behind the wheel of a Mercedes-Benz with AIRMATIC® suspension at Mercedes-Benz of Ontario, located near Chino and Rancho Cucamonga. Schedule a test drive online, or contact us to learn more about AIRMATIC® suspension and how to care for it. We’re available every day of the week!