Don’t Let Yourself be Tempted into Skipping a Mercedes Check Engine Light Diagnosis
Your Mercedes-Benz Check Engine Light is never something you should ignore. Should yours becoming activated, a Mercedes Check Engine Light diagnosis is required if you want your vehicle to continue running as smoothly, efficiently, and safely as it did the day your drove it home. If yours becomes active while driving across Ontario, Eastvale, Rancho Cucamonga, or anywhere else, your Mercedes-Benz is crying out for attention.
Common Reasons for an Activated Check Engine Light
There are multiple reasons why a Check Engine Light might have come on, with just a few of the most common including:
- Oxygen Sensor: Monitors the percentage of unburned oxygen in the exhaust. Over time the sensor gets covered in ash. In turn, this reduces its effectiveness and leads to a decrease in gas mileage and an increase in emissions.
- Gas Cap: Maintains pressure in the engine and prevents fuel vapors from leaking out. A loose, broken, or missing gas cap will not perform that role; your car may start jerking, and efficiency will suffer.
- Catalytic Convertor: Reduces exhaust gases by converting carbon monoxide and other harmful materials into harmless ones. Most failures are down to faults with other items, but a damaged catalytic converter can mean your car will fail its emissions test.
- Mass Airflow Sensor: Lets your car’s computer know how much fuel is needed based on the amount of air coming into the engine. Faults can decrease efficiency, increase emissions, and cause your car to stall.
- Spark Plugs and Wires: Spark plugs and wires are responsible for creating the original spark that initiates combustion within your Mercedes-Benz, but they can fail over time. If yours are faulty, misfires will occur.
Though these consequences might not sound too serious, they can develop into much more complex issues if not fixed by a certified Mercedes-Benz technician. These technicians have been trained by Mercedes-Benz to deliver sophisticated servicing. They can take in every facet of your vehicle’s behavior, analyze its drive, and then see that it is returned to your care in pristine condition. Genuine OEM Mercedes-Benz parts and fluids are guaranteed to be used throughout, ensuring ongoing reliability.
Secure Check Engine Light Diagnosis from the Mercedes-Benz of Ontario Service Center
Mercedes-Benz creates finely-tuned vehicles, so your Check Engine Light is often the first sign that any flaw has developed. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment at Mercedes-Benz of Ontario’s service center if you have any concerns about your vehicle’s health.