2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® vs. 2018 Lexus IS 300 AWD
2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® vs. 2018 Lexus IS
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® and 2018 Lexus IS 300 AWD are ideal options for Fontana and Chino shoppers looking to break into the luxury sedan segment. Both vehicles offer the performance, fuel efficiency, and elegance you would expect from a high-end sedan. Before you make a decision as to which vehicle is right for you, read this handy comparison by Mercedes-Benz of Ontario to find out how these two vehicles stack up.
Schedule a Test Drive
|2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC®
||2018 Lexus IS 300 AWD
||Driver Memory Settings
||Genuine Wood Trim
||Driver Attention Monitor
||Feature Not Offered
||Surround View System
||Feature Not Offered
One of the most appealing aspects of an entry-level luxury vehicle is the wide array of standard features drivers can enjoy. It’s worth noting that the new C 300 4MATIC® and Lexus IS come loaded with cutting-edge conveniences and technologies as standard. However, the C 300 4MATIC® goes a bit further with its commitment to luxury. The following features are either unavailable or require a model upgrade with the 2018 Lexus IS:
- 14-Way Power Driver Seat with Memory: Thanks to 14-way power adjustment, you can find your ideal driving position. With the assistance of the driver seat memory system, you can choose and store up to three positions.
- Genuine Wood Trim: The C 300 4MATIC® gets standard authentic wood trim, which is unavailable for the Lexus IS.
Under the Hood
Powered by a 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder engine, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® produces 273 lb-ft of torque. In addition, it earns an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city/30 mpg highway rating. The 2018 Lexus IS 300 AWD also features a 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder engine, but only generates 236 lb-ft of torque. Also, its city fuel economy rating lags at 19 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
Basic safety features, such as traction and stability control, airbags, and anti-lock disc brakes, can be found on the 2018 C-Class and the 2018 Lexus IS. If you’re looking for more advanced safety systems, you can’t go wrong with the C 300 4MATIC®, which comes with a diverse selection of safety features that are either not included or unavailable on the Lexus IS:
- ATTENTION ASSIST®®—monitors up to 70 parameters of driving behavior, then provides an alert if you seem to be losing focus.
- Crosswind Assist—detects heavy winds when driving along Rancho Cucamonga highways, then alters drive systems to work against them.
- Available Surround View System—provides a virtual 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the vehicle and its surrounding area to make low-speed maneuvering as stress-free as possible.
Test Drive the 2018 C 300 4MATIC® at Mercedes-Benz of Ontario
Although our comparison makes it clear that the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 4MATIC® is the superior sedan, we’re more than happy for you to decide for yourself! Contact Mercedes-Benz of Ontario, serving Eastvale and San Bernardino, to learn more about the C 300 4MATIC® vs. Lexus IS. You can also schedule a test drive online!